Gibbering

Re: 07.07d: Dworkin's Out of the Way Nook

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin asks very simply, "Are you human? That's all your court means."
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

Solten counters: "Am I human? This conversation leaves that in question." Then decides it may as well be true, for the moment at least. "Perhaps for now it mattes not. Very well then."

He stands and actually offers Dworkin a bow (and not a handshake). "Thank you for what you have done for me, memory or not. While your answers lead to twice as many questions, you've given me much to think about and much to follow up on. Thank you for your time as well. I hope you enjoy the rest of the Ball."

Assuming Dworkin doesn't either stop him or drop another bombshell, he will depart back to the main ballroom.
Solten
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: I believe Nuall was next... I'm assuming these happen kinda 'whenever they make sense'. So feel free to drop in.)
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

OOC: If someone gets there first, be my guest.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin will greet Nuall. "I apologize for the delay in seeing you. How can I help you tonight?"
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"There is no need for apologies my Lord. I did not specify a need for haste...and I did allow myself to be distracted as well."

"Perhaps coming directly to you was not the proper way of addressing my concerns, but I would no doubt have ended up speaking to you of at least some of them in time. Now would be as good a time as any I suppose."

"I was having a conversation with Odin earlier." (Which he recaps here rather than bore the other players). "I must admit that the thought of angry members of the hordes of Chaos coming here looking for...retribution?...very troubling. A score who are Oberon's equals could no doubt overwhelm us...with the exception of you perhaps. A score that are as powerful as the tales make you out to be is too terrible to even contemplate. Odin seems to think that unlikely, but is Chaos not known for doing the unlikely?"

"I suppose that what I am trying to ask here is what defenses do we have? Is there anyone to co-ordinate the Courts in battle, or does each fight alone...or not as their leaders choose?"

Nuall pauses for a moment. "...'do we have'...I am tied to the Pattern, so a threat to the Pattern is a threat to me. Suddenly I'm thinking in terms of 'we'." Nuall gives Dworkin an appraising look. "Well played. By why would you want an undisciplined wastrel from a backwater shadow?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"You seem to miss the importance of being real. I did not chose you for anything else. Besides, you aren't all that undisciplined, are you? It's also important to note that their power doesn't work here, yours does." Dworkin takes a sip of his tea. "I don't think we'll have to worry about them showing up here any time soon. They can't even get here without being led."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Odin seemed to think otherwise. He said that there were perhaps one hundred of his people who could come here. He thought it unlikely that any would discover the secret of doing so though. I could be mistaken, but it would seem to me that with Chaos the unlikely will in time become the inevitable."

"Also, I cannot help but notice that you have quite an impressive castle in Amber. Apparently there was some thought to defense against some form of enemy along the way. I am still curious about what enemy that might be and what the plans for defense might be."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin will blink, look both ways, and lean forward, sounding very much like a dirty old man sharing secrets... "Did I answer a question before you asked it again? I do that sometimes."

He will sit back. "A hundred mages unable to work magic are inconsequential. Besides, what you have is much more powerful, especially here." Dworkin responds to your first statement, clearly assuming the second was a temporal skip. "I suppose then, you should learn what it means and how to use it if you're going to be in charge of defenses. Although, I think Ranait may have a head start on you."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Flying the face of wisdom, Nuall gets really annoyed with Dworkin. "What I have? I have no idea what it may be that I supposed to have. All anyone will tell me is that I am real, but that is an answer that I do not understand. I am done asking that question since it get me..." Nuall trails off as suprise penetrates his anger. "...if I am going to be in charge... I? Do you mean you are seriously considering...that you would...that you think that I...Ranait?..." At this point Nualls confused ramblings run down leaving him looking dumbfounded.