07.07b: Dance Floor (Section 1)

The goings on of courts
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Re: 07.07b: Dance Floor (Section 1)

Post by Wyvern »

"Abstract... concrete... metaphorical... beyond a certain point, the concepts tend to blend together. There could easily be a physical manifestation..." Alys shrugs, "Or there could not. Or you could be looking in the wrong time entirely."

"Speaking of time, how go things going in your realms?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Because of his actions, billions are dying in wars and battles for supremacy. I suspect returning what was taken will not be enough. And while I guess it is only the weak who will die, that does not make it right. No matter what the others say." Odin grinds his teeth slightly. "Yet, what else can I do?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Disappointing, but not terribly surprising - were you to find accurate records, I suspect you'd discover that neither of the previous two* transitions were much cleaner. If not Dworkin, someone else would have triggered much the same, sooner or later. As for what else you can do..." Alys will meet Odin's gaze with a challenging look. "Go home. Win."

"And if anyone is foolish enough to tell you it's okay because only the weak will die... I'd suggest stabbing them. Even the strong can meet someone stronger, or be overwhelmed by individually lesser forces or tactical superiority. Strength in battle is a poor measure of value, anyway; or, rather, it measures only a single aspect. I could not weave the spells that keep this room free of the ocean's crushing embrace - yet it's all but certain that I could kill whoever did. Does that alone make me more valuable than them? Or them more valuable than me? I'd answer no to both questions."

Alys' voice softens a bit, "For what you can do here and now - you came as a diplomat. Follow through on that. Request aid. Ask Dworkin to fashion a Trump card for you, that you can maintain communication... assuming they'll function over such a distance. Request an ambassador, or even a military advisor, be sent back with you. Dworkin has appointed rulers over two of the four 'courts' he's created here - have you spoken to Morgana yet? Or Sadie? Do what is within your reach, rather than seeking some mystic artifact that might not even exist, let alone save any lives."

_____
* Yes, this is suspiciously specific. Feel free to be suspicious about it.
Last edited by Wyvern on Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I am going to have to tip my hand I suppose. That's not going to be fun." He looks around the room. "You could be the worst enemy we could have, and I might make this so much worse if you follow me back."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Oh, absolutely possible. And vice versa. Not, I suspect, an outcome anyone with any sense would want. And as to your second point - I wouldn't be so sure of that; there are a number of us who already know where to look, after all."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

There will be kind of a period of quiet during the dance. Odin offers a final word, "Let's hope it doesn't come to that." Seems liek the dance would wind down and it's time to change partners again.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys nods politely. "Very much so." And then heads off towards the water dragon.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

At some point, Quin will dance near to the dragon conversation. The jester has Ashara, the steward of Rebma as a partner. The lovely, elfin looking nymph, is wearing a very formal white dress (that she had on earlier, and that looks oddly complimentary to the green and blue jester outfit Quin has on), and a headdress that accentuates the pointed ears and gill-like structures on her head. She is currently torn between trying to get Sadie's attention and trying not to make a bigger scene by ditching her partner.

(OOC: those of you with high psyche or warfare may notice the more subtle social 'trap' in this scene. PM me if you think you might get involved. Also posted in the main thread, cause at least the initial setup is obvious.)
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Having been pulled onto the dance floor by Darnell the first few steps are followed by route. After a few seconds, "Yes, thank you Darnell." Said simply almost in a trance.
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: Seeing as how this isn't a major issue, I'm going to assume no one steps in.)

Almost on perfect cue, the song ends with Darnell and Sadie facing Quin and Ashara. Ashara makes a move towards Sadie only to be cut off by a bow of invitation from Darnell as Quin bows to Sadie. The next song begins and Darnell 'politely' pulls Ashara away, the steward being not quite visibly upset, but definitely annoyed at being out-played.

Quin, on the other hand, takes a different approach, much gentler with his new partner*. "Mi'Lady, are you okay?" He asks. "There are royal chambers behind the thrones if you need a moment."

------
*: Those of you with strong noses may note something odd about Quin.