07.07b: Dance Floor (Section 1)

The goings on of courts
Sadie
Lunatic

Re: 07.07b: Dance Floor (Section 1)

Post by Sadie »

"Laws are argued through... dueling? This whole place is crazy, and as for killing everyone, this is nuts. I'm glad to hear no one has gone so crazy yet, but..." holds her head. "This is too much for tonight. We need a more pleasant topic. Or a switch of... Oh great Ashara will be more of the same. Granted I brought it up... Wanna play ball?" She jokes? with a slight tail wag. "Playing ball is fun."
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Yeah, it's a lot of responsibility. To be honest, the dueling has yet to come up. Most have talked it out." He shrugs. "On the plus side, Darnell is making sure Ashara doesn't over-react. and, be careful about asking to play ball... As a Queen, it might be considered a decree." He will pause, "You were joking again, right?"
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"Well... actually I would love to play ball. It would be a wonderfully mundane break from all of this craziness. That said, I was mostly joking, and since apparently I'm queen, and thus I'm responsible for all you see before you. Leaving while a major event is taking place would be bad form. And while having a ball playing ball at a ball is a fun idea I don't think it befits a queen to act as such. Instead I think it's time I give Ashara her dance and my ear."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Quin nods, and makes a subtle hand gesture. Darnell swings past and partners are exchanged. Ashara is mostly-gently spun into the waltz with Sadie, while Quin and Darnell pair off.

With a quick flourish, Darnell dips Quin into a deep kiss. This lasts a moment until Quin starts flailing and "mmmrrrpphhhhs!!!!!!" After which, Darnell drops the jester unceremoniously onto the floor. (There is a slight pause in reality as several scenes occur at the same time. This pauses mid-kiss / mid-flail.)

Darnell will state, "Still got it," and walk off into the crowd.

Quin will slowly get to his feet, and wipe his mouth with a predatory glare.
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Smiling at Ashara. "I'm not sure if I should feel bad for Quinn or laugh... That said, how are you holding up? Also keep in mind what I told you earlier, you still have a place here so don't you worry."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"They probably had that planned from the start. Including the kiss... Some people have too much free time on their hands." Ashara sounds more frustrated that she was used in their game than anything else.

"I'm nervous. But, you seem to be willing to take the time to learn. We have a lot to go over tomorrow. Hopefully ,situations like with the dragon won't reoccur." She does sigh though. "I can apologize on your behalf... That way he won't lose face, and people won't read into the apology too much."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"I... I'll give you a full explanation of what occurred and why later on the dragon. I'm having some temporary difficulties. As for being willing to learn, most definitely. That said I've learned some unsettling things and feel the need to warn you. There will be lots of changes coming. That being said, is there another event tomorrow? I get the feeling I've shown up on strange holiday, and will we be hosting a ball like this every year?"
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Ashara nods, "Yes it's a..." She will pause as the brief conflict (30 - 45 seconds or less) plays out and Quin's brief comment.

She will sigh. "It's a yearly celebration of the creation of Amber. That was a bit more exciting than normal, but well inside the realm of 'typical'. At least they cleaned up after themselves... this time..."

"We went with a ball this year, I thought it would be nice to show a little more class. So, you have missed the feast at Castle Amber, and tomorrow there's a sporting event or something at Ht'Gon, and the day after, a puzzle night or something at Tir-Na Nog'th."

"If you're planning on making changes, I would appreciate hearing about them. Although, I certainly understand the desire to wait until the morning."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"What I really need tomorrow is a list of what laws are currently in place, and if possible the status of our people's living conditions. Also seeing as we are pretty much in charge of the waterways I'll need to know the status of our navy assuming we have one."

Turns head towards where events recently occurred. "But that's all for tomorrow morning tonight I have plans, and for now I'm going to enjoy that something crazy happened tonight that didn't directly involve me. Though my aide and Solty were there so am not sure it counts as much as I would like."

Turns her attention back to Ashara and smiles. "Do you think Solten will mind my calling him Solty? I think it sounds cute..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"I'll have it prepared for tomorrow." Ashara will nod at your request, perhaps this won't be too bad.

"Personally, I would go with Sole... But Solty is also good." She leans in, "There are no current laws about dating or romance. Although, we'll have a bit of talk about political guidelines. Still, it shouldn't be a problem. For either of you."