07.07a: The Refreshment tables

The goings on of courts
Sadie
Lunatic

Re: 07.07a: The Refreshment tables

Post by Sadie »

Sadie follows her glance and freezes ever so slightly for a second, pupils dilating ever so slightly as her breath catches for but a second. "Is... is that some sort of water dragon?"
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"Possibly. I haven't asked him yet. Cute, though, isn't he?" Alys asks, blithely ignoring Sadie's obvious discomfort - or perhaps deliberately trying to cover for Sadie by providing an alternate explanation for Sadie's reaction. ...Or maybe she just actually thinks the dragon is cute; it's hard to tell.
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"I find my fascination with dragons not quite what it used to be. I do, however, believe we should say hi at some point. So, you find him cute? Is this cute like me when I was a puppy or is this cute like Solten is when he does that silly grin of his?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys tilts her head and gives Kizak a considering look. "At least one of those, I think. Hard to tell which without talking to him."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"Then you definitely must go talk to him. And who knows, maybe he can keep up." Sadie smiles encouragingly while trying to nudge Alys. "Now go, I insist!" Sounding only half way like she's joking.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys laughs, and starts to head in that direction - only to stop and listen as Dworkin arrives.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin walks over after his announcement.

"Sadie, I hope you are finding your place here. I prefer to have things properly setup before announcing new arrivals, but it seems this time I will be dropping that responsibility on you." He bows lightly to her, a simple nod of the head.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

When Nuall returns, he notices the lack of activity on the dance floor and returns to the refreshments just in time for Dworkin's announcement. He will join the rest of the group while Dworkin speaks.

"Congratulations Lady Sadie...or whatever your correct title is. Your aide had a minor mishap, but should return shortly."

"My Lord Dworkin...I am unsure of the correct form of address for you as well, most awkward...if I might prevail upon for a brief private conversation some time very soon?"

He turns to Alys. "...and I have not had the pleasure of making your acquaintance yet my Lady. I am Nuall, at your service." Nuall bows.
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

In response to the great post ninja Nuall, "I do believe that's her right there. Different dress though, and thank you if only I knew the position myself." Priscilla has in fact made it back in time for the announcement but not quite made it to the refreshment table yet.

In response to Dworkin when he shows up, "Is hard to do when not even sure of my position. I've been informed I am of a high suit, but of anything else I am afraid I am sorely lacking. One cannot setup a building for an event or design a shop for a product without first knowing the event to be hosted or product to be sold."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin blinks, that old-man innocence of forgetfulness. "I'm sorry. You are to be the first ruler of Rebma."

He turns to Nuall, "I need no title. All know Dworkin. I suppose Lord is acceptable, or maybe Magistrate, no, Dilettante... Savant. Savant Dworkin... I am over-thinking, Lord is fine." He chuckles. "As for Sadie, I was not sure if she wished to choose a more regal name for formal occasions. Lady is always safe except for that unfortunate near-rhyme."