07.07a: The Refreshment tables

The goings on of courts
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Re: 07.07a: The Refreshment tables

Post by coldcandor »

(OOC: WTB fewer posting sprees at 3am... While I will avoid too many followups on the conversation bits that would expect replies, for wont of keeping things less confusing if nothing else, there are a couple Solten would definitely want to pursue.)

(In regards to the conversation on names and research): Solten perks up at the talk of research. "I have to admit to being incredibly curious what you've found out about me in such a short time. Especially on the topic of names."

(When the water dragon is spotted): Solten will put his arm around Sadie comfortingly and grimace a bit himself, but not say anything.

(After Dworkin arrives at refreshments): "I too, would like to arrange a private meeting. I have many many questions for you."

(Then when Dworkin drops the bomb): Solten has a look of both fear and pride at this turn of events, then stamps out the fear and says in a confident voice "Excellent choice."

(Finally, once Sadie heads to the seats): "Yes, thank you Nuall." Solten lets her head over on her own to sit and think. He takes the opportunity to turn to Dworkin. "So, how exactly does one schedule a meeting with the title-less Lord Dworkin?" He grins a little at the end, but it is a very serious question.
Last edited by coldcandor on Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solten
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Dworkin willnod to Solten, and give directions for a place to meet him at a convenient time within the hour. (He suggests a time that coincides with when you will be free.)
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

(In regards to the conversation on names & research): "Remarkably little, actually. I know you were first seen arriving yesterday, in company of Darnell, proceeded more or less directly to the feast, and were announced as Solten of Amber. You have a permanent room in Castle Amber - nobody seems quite sure how long it's been there, though; apparently the castle rearranges itself on occasion."

Alys pauses. "The general assumption - based on there already being Trump cards of you, as well as that permanent room - seems to be that Dworkin, at some point in the past, forced you to walk the Pattern and then simply awaited your return. If you'd like, I can double-check at least some of that now."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Priscilla just stand and listens to the things unfolding around her while especially keep an eye on her lady for even the slightest sign she needs her.
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

(In regards to the conversation on names & research): Solten quirks an eyebrow at the mention of the castle rearranging itself, then when Alys finishes, says "How interesting. That is the long and the short of it. Except for the bit about the castle rearranging itself. I'd like to see that."

(OOC: Given the flow of the conversation and when this would have taken place, I suspect that's enough for the moment on this sub-thread.)
Solten
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Post by coldcandor »

(OOC: Meanwhile, back in real time...)

After a few minutes pass with nothing of particular interest forthcoming, Solten heads over to The seating area to be with Sadie.
Solten
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

After talking to Solten for awhile from sitting, Sadie heads back to refreshments, grabs a glass of wine and turns to Priscilla smiling sweetly. "How are you enjoying the ball?"

Priscilla: "To be honest it doesn't look as much like a ball as I'd expect one to be. I think my expectations were a bit high. Though Darnell hitting on me for awhile was the height of discomfiture. That said it's over now, I hope."

Sadie: "You don't think you and Darnell make a good match?" Sadie says trying unsuccessfully to hide that she's joking.

Priscilla: "The only thing good that might come out of that is the infinitesimally small chance I could influence his clothing choices enough to make them at least palatable."

Sadie: "Why don't you try relaxing a bit and just having fun. I have."

Priscilla smiles slightly: "I noticed, don't think it was possible not to, people will be talking about that dance and kiss for some time to come. I um... it caught me unexpected. Ballroom dances generally aren't supposed to be that extreme. I was worried. Everything turned out well though."

Sadie: "Try to relax and have fun ok? Work starts soon, for now enjoy yourself. And don't worry so much if this is a proper ball or not. This is Ashara's gig. If anyone should be having a heart attack if things go wrong it's her. Speaking of which, I don't think I've seen her once tonight. So much for rescuing me if I get in trouble."

Priscilla: "She's busy handling all the minutia I believe. Personally is a bit silly to me. The staff should be able to handle things. Unless something goes wrong she really shouldn't be needed for that. At the very least she should be greeting everybody, or at least the important people. Is what I would do anyway."

Sadie: "How do you define important people?"

Priscilla: "I..." Looks a bit stumped how she should answer that.

Sadie smiles: "Ponder that for awhile, then start enjoying yourself. As for me, I have a dragon to talk to."

With that she heads near where the dragon is currently.
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

Nuall walks up the the tables, takes a goblet of wine and downs it in one gulp. A second vanishes as quickly as the first. He take a deep breath, squares his shoulders and walks off for a private meeting.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys arrives, having made a strategic retreat from a rather unfortunate fracas involving a dog and a dragon - and very nearly follows Nuall's example; she's too polite to drain a goblet in one gulp... but anyone paying attention will note that she goes through several in remarkably short order.
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Alys finds a rather attractive young girl next to her with long black hair, olive skin and large dark near black eyes, looking at concerned. "My lady, if you don't mind my saying so. You look positively stiff. I know several techniques that would help relieve that, feel wonderful and not require losing oneself in the wine." She winks. "I am Priscilla, aide to the Lady Sadie, and after you've apparently managed to help my lady, offering my services is the least I can do."