07.07: Underwater Ball

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.07: Underwater Ball

Post by Joshua »

Several people have arrived recently, Quin has more or less appeared from a side room. Odin arrives without fanfare from the air-breather's entrance with Morgana nearby. If any PC wishes to "not be late" they arrive about this time, and just wallflower for a bit.
(Other people who have shown up are Oberon, and Assuming Renny doesn't defeat the fashion-ninjas, she'll show up around now as well.)

Finally, Dworkin arrives, emerging from a side passage onto the ruler's balcony, where the two coral thrones are situated. He only stands slightly above the railing but once someone points out that he's there, the entire room goes silent.

Dworkin speaks quietly, but magic or similar carries it to the entire room. "Friends, yesterday we celebrated the dry city. Today, it's underwater mirror is showcased." He gestures towards Sadie. "We also have another guest. One who was found recently in the infinite shadow. She is of Rebma, and perhaps will be more. Unfortunately, a few hours is not enough time to properly present her to her new station. I will allow her to choose her time then." With that, he will walk away from the balcony, and down to the dance floor.

It takes perhaps a minute before people realize Dworkin is done, and for the music to start up again. Dworkin will head over to the refreshments.

Over the next 10 minutes or so, the musicians return or get new instruments, and the songs get more complex and return to their previous richness.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

At some point, Quin will dance near to the dragon conversation. The jester has Ashara, the steward of Rebma as a partner. The lovely, elfin looking nymph, is wearing a very formal white dress (that she had on earlier, and that looks oddly complimentary to the green and blue jester outfit Quin has on), and a headdress that accentuates the pointed ears and gill-like structures on her head. She is currently torn between trying to get Sadie's attention and trying not to make a bigger scene by ditching her partner.

(OOC: those of you with high psyche or warfare may notice the more subtle social 'trap' in this scene. PM me if you think you might get involved. I'll happen over at Dance floor 1.)
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

Renny arrives through the air-breather's entrance a few minutes after Odin does. She has indeed fallen to the fashion-ninjas, wearing an elegant green silk dress with subtle "Celtic" tree patterns on it. It looks very much like a tailor was told that it had to represent the royalty of Amber in Rebma while still looking great dancing underwater. Her hair has been done up in a French twist and she is wearing subtle waterproof makeup. She looks around, trying to take in the scene. She seems -- not ill at ease, exactly, but definitely aware that she is to some degree representing Amber here.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

"Renait, dear heavens, I'm glad I know someone here." Father-Confessor Lane approaches, he's dressed in a slightly sharper and darker priest's outfit than he had on this morning. "I am sorry if my actions earlier were overeager. But this evening, I need a little help... If you wouldn't mind a dance?"
colomon
Missing Some Marbles

Post by colomon »

It had just occurred to Renny that should should be looking for Queen Moire, but she smiles to see Father-Confessor Lane. "Of course," she says, letting him take her arm.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Father-Confessor Lane and Renny head over to dance floor 2.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

There's a slight pause in reality as the following occurs in a still frame massive crowd shot:
(OOC: Not a literal time-stop, but yeah, this just is one of those things that was made for a station break or this kind of picture.)
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

So,brief conflict involving broken chairs and some ice. (Taking maybe 30 - 45 seconds.) The music will stop for that, and people give it a bit of space. Most give it about as much attention as a fist-fight / brawl.

After people leave through a trump gate (which most people have not seen before), Quin will get up and announce. "Sorry for that everyone. Things are okay. Please, enjoy the rest of the night."

Tentatively the music will start up again, but it'll be a bit before the ball is back to normal.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

There is a minor scuffle that involves Alys facing the Worf Effect.
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Unfortunately, The ball seem devoid of PCs. Due to events, it is being wound down, and people are allowed to leave as Dworkin scans the group with pattern lens from afar. So.. that's happening in the background.