07.05g: The Drowned City

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: 07.05g: The Drowned City

Post by Joshua »

Ashara relaxes visibly. "Well, I guess get to know people. Don't worry about using the thrones, get to know people. If you've never been nobility before, just know that you're in charge. Be careful with that, all your words have power and an edge that you're not expecting."

She'll go on a bit more, but mostly suggests learning and being a little conservative in your actions. She can always rescue you if you get in over your head.
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"I will be quite happy with mingling, though must admit a bit of anxiety about the prospect of dancing. For one I have never been to a ball, and for another, until recent I did not even possess a humanoid form with which to do even the most rudimentary dancing. I will say, however, I've been happy with my mingling so far though. The girl that outfitted me for a my gown, Priscilla, is a sweetheart. She's making me a most lovely gown, and has offered to be my aide, an offer I have accepted. I believe she will do a tremendous job, and besides I've found I enjoy her company quite a bit. I intend to have her accompany Solten and I to the ball. As my personal aide, I'm not required to acquire a ticket for her am I?"
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Ashara will raise an eyebrow. She says, "you have the right to invite whoever you wish. And please be careful about offering people positions. Once you are announced by Dworkin, all it takes it the offer for it to be binding. Same with invitations, it is considered rude to refuse an invitation from an Amberite for almost anything. If you were to invite an air breather outside the ball room, for example, they would likely drown rather than refuse your invitation."

"Aide... I'm not sure if a personal aide has been requested before. It shouldn't be an issue. Also, if you aren't sure about the name of a position, please ask. Using the wrong one could result in an undesired promotion."

(OOC: Yes, you can declare someone your squire or a minister by simply referring to them as such. I don't think any PC will make that mistake. Even the ones with bad stuff are paranoid enough to avoid such an issue. Doing it on purpose however...)
(OOC: At this point, it seems she'll give some good advice. Feel free to retroactively declare that she gave you some advice for the ball if you need it and head over to the Underwater Ball.)