07.02c: Sufficiently Advanced (Aftermaths)

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

07.02c: Sufficiently Advanced (Aftermaths)

Post by Joshua »

(OOC: Feel free to finish your current thread before posting here.)

My thought is that Sadie and the group will arrive early the next morning, while preparations are being made. As there's only been a night of preparations, a number of humans have started to trickle into the town to be armed and start some training. they're starting slow, but the leader in plate mail seems to be getting things sorted out initially.
Sadie
Lunatic

Re: 07.02c: Sufficiently Advanced (Aftermaths)

Post by Sadie »

As we grow nearer Sadie whimpers very pitifully as the sound of training soldiers grows near and she takes in some familiar scents. "Something has happened..." she whimpers. "And I am in no condition to handle this today... At least I seem to be starting to regain vision in one eye... Let's find Nuall as fast as possible I need to know what's going on... where the orcs are... and who the guy barking orders is? Oh and an eye-patch... If I'm going to have one eye, I need an eye-patch... And make it a good one, like a badass pirate might wear. Arrrrrrr..." She laughs a little then whimpers in pain. "Well laughing still hurts... no blood this time though, that's am improvement. See Solten I'll be chasing cars again in no time. Or at least my tail... should start simple I think. Haha, ow..."
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Oberon nods, "Carful, don't want to reopen anything. Still, you're healing a lot faster than anyone I've seen. Dworkin might have though."

He stops one of the messengers who are running around, "We need food. It will help her heal. Meat mostly." He'll grab someone else, "Oh yeah, we did get the dragon. Let whoever's in charge know that. And is Nuall here? He arrived with us, the innkeeper should know what I mean."

He heads towards the Scorched Landing, figuring a bed would be most helpful for Sadie.
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"No bed..." Sadie grumbles. "People are preparing for war, and the orcs are nowhere in sight. I need to know what's going on... I may be responsible for some of this and if so I need to do something about it, hurt or not... are we able to go somewhere with a much faster time if it becomes necessary? I may need to be healed to at least functionality."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

As the group approaches the inn, a figure in very shiny armor strides out and mounts a large black warhorse. He starts riding, but when he gets close to the group he stops for a moment and then slides off of the horse. He strides over and pulls his helmet off.

Nuall looks down at Sadie. He turns to Oberon and says "What happened? Will she be alright?"
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"She can speak for herself, and is going to be fine. I've been killed before you know. Though two deaths in this close a succession can't be healthy. You'd think I was a cat and not a dog at this rate. My meows are a bit shaky at best though, so I'm a pretty sad cat. So what's going on? Where'd you get the shiny armor? Who's that guy?" Gesturing weakly towards the armored guy. "Why's everyone preparing for war? Where's the red orc sheriff and the rest of the orcs for that matter? Oh and yes the dragon is dead and is apparently much better at dying than I am. It probably helps that we ate him, well parts of him anyway. Pretty sure he's isn't getting up."
misfit
Raving Mad

Post by misfit »

"Things have been a bit...hectic since you left. The orcs you left behind are dead or run off. We are expecting them to come back in force, likely fairly soon. The gentleman in armor over there is named Balduin. He is organizing the locals to defend themselves and free themselves from the orcs. If they succeed I believe that he will be acclaimed as their new Lord."

"I would love to stay and chat " he throws a very meaningful look Oberon's way, "but I need to check on the fortifications that are being built and the weapons drills. I will be back as quickly as circumstances allow."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"Oh no you don't! You don't just drop a bombshell..." whimpers a bit, and takes a moment to catch her breath. "Where did the orcs run off too, and what happened to get them to run off? This can all likely still be avoided... Somehow..."
Joshua
Gibbering

Post by Joshua »

Oberon sighs and shrugs. "It seems he has it well in hand." He looks at Sadie and shakes his head. "How much war have you seen before? These people were under a fairly strong yoke. Not much worse then some, but there will be bloodshed. Once you slaughtered the elite orcs, that was inevitable. But with the dragon gone, and many of the elite down, the humans stand a chance."

Anticipating Sadie's response, he adds, "There are an unlimited number of these worlds. You can't save all of them. You have to pick your battles, and which worlds will be important."
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

"There may be an infinite number of these worlds, but this one, here and now is in the predicament it's in because we showed up. I'm not involved in those other worlds, they are not in their predicaments because of my actions." She sighs. "We know next to nothing about the orcs in all this. Are they aggressive, yes certainly, but they were put here by the dragon. This whole situation is the dragon's fault. The human power vacuum, and even the orcs presence here. Where are the orcs from? Where did they go? Where are their women and children? Am I saying the orcs wouldn't have eventually invaded of their own accord? No I'm not, but if they did it would be an entirely different battlefield. What happened while we were gone? I've got none of this information... I... I didn't do any research before killing those orcs... I was here to be Mana and slay a dragon... I didn't think... Dammit Oberon this was supposed to be a lark... Not remind me of other times... I was a dog then, there was nothing I could really do... not like now... I need to do something... fix this somehow... what use is speech and a human body if I'm still useless and can't stop these things?" Is starting to tear up.