07.01a: The Seventh Winter (First Seating)

The goings on of courts
Joshua
Gibbering

07.01a: The Seventh Winter (First Seating)

Post by Joshua »

(From main topic.)

Both Benabik and Alystrakos are greeted by a waiter and shown to their table, a fancy set round deal with an ice sculpture in the middle. It is near both the balcony and the set of thrones that sits on a slightly raised platform in front of the balcony. (A set being a large throne in the middle, and a smaller throne on each side. They're made out of some unidentifiable hard-wood.)

Lady Eretria follows shortly after with her entrance.
Benabik
Sane. VERY Sane.

Re: 07.01a: The Seventh Winter (First Seating)

Post by Benabik »

"Lady Eretria, a pleasure to see you again. I'm not sure how much of a story I can give, it's been less than a year. Hardly enough time to travel anywhere truly interesting in Shadow. Besides, I was only trying to satisfy my curiosity about rather esoteric topics..." He seems to realize the corner he's painted himself into and continues, "I suppose I'll have to grant you that dance. But first, have you two met?"

Benabik turns towards Alys who responds, "I don't believe we've been introduced, no."

"Well then: Lady Eretria of Tir'na Nog'th, this is Lady Alystrakos Obsidia Sybaris: recently arrived to Amber. She has yet to officially join any of the courts, although I only assume that's a matter of time." He smiles warmly at Alys, although it fails to reach his eyes.
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

Alys looks at Benabik in (slightly feigned) surprise, and comments, "Weren't you just telling me that time wasn't a limitation out in Shadow? Surely in that 'less than a year' there was something worth talking about..."
Benabik
Sane. VERY Sane.

Post by Benabik »

Benabik waves his hand somewhat dismissively. "I suppose I did. It hasn't been too much more time for me though. And I spent too much of it trying to get a poorly prepared group to deal with a magical plague so I could focus on something interesting for a change. I wouldn't have bothered, but I've found those things harder to leave behind while Travelling", the capital is audible, "than anything else: worst of a curse and a disease. Didn't want to risk bringing it here on the eve of a party."
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Post by Brian C »

Trina glides into the seat next to Alystrakos and takes one of Alys' hands in both of hers.
"Lady Alystrakos, it is a pleasure to meet you. Welcome to Amber. Life here is... different. There can be intrigues one night and dances the next, and if we grow truly bored we can see both in the same night. The universe is endless, incredible if you can imagine it, wonderful and terribly frightening."

"Choosing a court is an exciting time; I almost envy you the experience. People will start trying to recruit you soon. When you are ready to hear of the mysteries of Tir-na Nog'th, let me know."

Trina shifts one hand up a bit, touching the fabric of Alys' dress. "That is a truly stunning dress you are wearing. Where did you find it? And, for that matter, what shadow did you hail from?"
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"A pleasure to meet you as well, Lady Eretria." Alystrakos' palms are only slightly lighter in color than the rest of her, and the skin is smooth - showing no signs of the calluses you'd expect from such an obviously competent warrior.

"I'm not too sure 'choice' is the right term to use - I expect Dworkin has plans that he's not bothered to share. Still, I'd be happy to hear whatever mysteries you're willing to share - though perhaps now is not the best time for any truly lengthy discussions."

Alys smiles at Trina's comment on her dress. "Locally acquired, though I did," she nods at Benabik, "have some assistance at getting the colors right."

Instead of answering the question about her shadow of origin, however, she turns back to Benabik.
"That sounds like an excellent plan; I've heard of such plagues spreading across several shadows even without a traveler carrying them. Remarkably indiscriminate weapons, really; most of the stories I remember were cautionary tales where the creator ended up destroying her own clan along with whatever enemies the plague was aimed at."
Last edited by Wyvern on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benabik
Sane. VERY Sane.

Post by Benabik »

"Turning it on its creator, hm? I suppose..." He pulls out a notebook and jots down a few notes as he talks. "Well, that would have required far more direct attention than I wanted to give it. Just let the agressive one run forward with a relic sword. Much simpler. For me, at least."

He turns to Trina: "Soon comes quickly, I see. Although I suppose you have an advantage on figuring out where she'd go, hmm? Speaking of, any idea what this is about?" He gestures at the thrones. "Dworkin has not been terribly forthcoming."
Brian C
Needs a Guide

Post by Brian C »

Trina turns towards Benabik, her wide smile showing a full set of white teeth. "It wouldn't be right for me to let Dworkin's secrets slip. Though I do enjoy picturing the looks on all your faces if I did."
Benabik
Sane. VERY Sane.

Post by Benabik »

Benabik tries to avoid rolling his eyes. "I'd be more surprised if you could actually foretell what the old gnome is up to. I would expect that simple divination would not work properly around him. I had just hoped that people who spend more time around the castle might have gotten more details. Hoped in vain, I suppose."
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

"And it's not like we're asking for you to divulge Dworkin's secrets, just your own opinions. ...Unless," Alys adds with a predatory grin, "you're telling us that Dworkin has taken you into his confidence?"