Action Sequences

Play by post Amber game, now in progress
coldcandor
Missing Some Marbles

Action Sequences

Post by coldcandor »

I thought it would be appropriate to post here in addition to the note where the topic came up:

Whenever you intend an action sequence in a scene, especially when the actions involved can be interpreted as hostile, please notify the other players (and Josh if appropriate) of your intentions before posting. Occasionally this will delay a thread, yes, but as you can see from the fun with dragons, you can't always predict what the other player's reactions will be, and this will prevent ugly, confusing, and frustrating re-writes.

Conversations are less of an issue, as they can be worked around with temporal sub-threads, but action sequences generally have a wider and more pronounced impact on the scene.

Thank you!
Solten
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: Action Sequences

Post by Joshua »

Sorry, that was my bad!
Wyvern
Prismatic Pangolin

Post by Wyvern »

I think the big problem with the dragons thread mentioned, is that it wasn't intended to be an action scene - nobody really anticipated Sadie's response, and it just snowballed from there.

That said, the note on apparently hostile actions is a good one.
Sadie
Lunatic

Post by Sadie »

Sorry my character is crazy :-(

Though really there were two obvious responses there to anticipate from Sadie, either fight or flight and both extreme. You all dropped the ball there, especially considering all the comments leading up to it and the 1000nd yard stare earlier. Come on people. :-P
Sadie - "You have the right to remain silent.
Anything you say or do can and will be held against you in a court of law..."