Revisions

Meta is a story series inspired by a number of different places. It’s about a furry magical academy, and one student learning his place there.

Moderator: Joshua

Joshua
Gibbering

Revisions

Post by Joshua »

So, I'm just finishing chapter 4, and I am looking at some of the feedback for chapter 1, and wanting to revise it. I guess the problem is that this is an online story now, and I can't just revise chapters whenever I feel like it. (Although, chapter 1 should be good, as it's the intro to the story.) So, what do people think?

I have a few ideas, although at the moment, I only want to revise chapter 1. nothing else has gotten sufficient comments or suggestions to really warrant a revised version. So, I guess I was thinking:

Revisions normally just include typos, and minor grammer fixes. Stuff that doesn't change the story, just makes it easier to read.
Revised Versions of the chapters will sit on the back burner, with the exception of a one time revamp of Chapter 1.
Maybe after a year, six months, or something, if people start getting interested, I look at some rewriting.

Part of me wants more feedback and suggestions. Ideas where the story can use fleshing out, etc... But, I don't want to get wrapped up constantly revising the same sections of the story, or having to stick readers with having to re-read previous chapters because major changes keep taking place.

A second part of me wonders if people would want to see a preview of the coming chapters, with the ability to help me revise them before I post them on this site. I could just post the previews, but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself. I want this to be a marathon, not a sprint.

So, I ask you, what you want. Let me know.
Eseme
Needs a Guide

Re: Revisions

Post by Eseme »

I've done beta-reading before (read things before they get posted).

Right now, I will be hosting company for the next 2.5 weeks, and also have someone's novel to read over. So I'm not sure how timely I could be. However, if you would like to email me chapters, I will work to get you feedback (and typos I see).
Joshua
Gibbering

Re: Revisions

Post by Joshua »

For those of you who read the original version of chapter 9, Tan's elements has changed from Air primary, Water secondary, to Water primary, Air secondary. The only change this actually caused is the color of the second half of the last line of his Thaumascan is now blue.